Eligibility for the Fall 2019 Travel Awards
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program at Texas A&M University.
- Be in good standing with the University and their academic department.
- Have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.00
Eligible Graduate or Professional Student Organizations (49 departments) as of 9/17/2019:
|Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications|
|Biochemistry and Biophysics|
|Biological and Agricultural Engineering|
|Black Graduate Student Association|
|Business and Business Administration|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Ecology and Evolutionary Biology|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering|
|Geology and Geophysics|
|Health and Kinesiology|
|Indian Graduate Students Association|
|Industrial and Systems Engineering|
|Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning|
|Materials Science and Engineering|
|Nutrition and Food Science|
|Persian Student Association|
|Philosophy and Humanities|
|Plant Pathology and Microbiology|
|Psychological and Brain Sciences|
|Public Service and Administration|
|Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences|
|School of Public Health|
|Soil and Crop Sciences|
|Teaching, Learning, and Culture|
|Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences|
|Women in Science and Engineering|
The department eligibility rules:
- If at least one Senator from that Graduate or Professional Student Organization (GPSO) is present at that Senate meeting, then the entire GPSO is considered present at the Senate meeting.
- Before the first Senate meeting of the year only the GPSOs that were eligible in summer the previous year AND have Senators for the next year are considered eligible.
- Have already assigned Senators are considered eligible.
- If a GPSO is absent for two consecutive Senate meetings, then the GPSO is considered ineligible.
- If a GPSO is ineligible, then at least one Senator must attend two consecutive Senate meetings to be eligible.
- Committee chairs have the right to decide if Senators have an appropriate engagement in the committee to be marked present for committee meetings.
- If no Senator from the GPSO is considered present at the GPSG committee meeting, then the GPSO is automatically considered absent for the entire Senate meeting.