The Graduate and Professional Student Government, serving as the graduate and professional student government at Texas A&M University, exists to work in cooperation with the Texas A&M University administration to ensure that the needs of graduate and professional students are understood and considered when campus policies concerning academic excellence, tuition and finance, and research are made.
- To serve as the voice of and represent all graduate and professional students of Texas A&M University.
- To identify, share, and discuss issues pertinent to graduate and professional students in order to maintain academic freedom; improve the quality of instruction; develop and strengthen recruitment and retention programs; encourage training, fair compensation, and benefits; and ensure that essential and quality student services are made available.
- To be recognized as representing a unique population of Texas A&M University.
- To establish and maintain open and effective communication with the University and its constituents.
- To establish and maintain open and effective communication among the graduate and professional student body on issues that affect its members.
- To serve as an outreach venue for graduate and professional students by providing opportunities for social interaction and service to the local community..